Emergency Management Agency
Whether it’s Ashtabula County, the State of Ohio, or the Federal Emergency Management Agency, all EMAs have similar functions:
- Identify mitigation activities that lessen the effects of disaster on people and property.
- Develop plans to respond to emergency situations.
- Exercise plans, using a variety of hazards and scenarios.
- Train responders, volunteers, elected officials – anyone charged with responsibility before, during, or after an emergency.
- Coordinate response and recovery activities during an emergency, either as a member of the on-site incident command team or from the County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) located in Jefferson at the County Court House.
- Locate, monitor and manage emergency resources.
- Educate the public about actions to take before an emergency occurs, disseminate warnings and other critical information during an emergency and release information about recovery actions after an emergency.