The Planning Commission is an eleven member board
comprised of the three County
Commissioners and eight
community members, chosen for their knowledge and expertise from various areas
of the County.
- Commissioners Peggy Carlo
- Commissioner Daniel Claypool
- Commissioner Joe Moroski
- Martha Demshar
- David Hartz
- Gary Hunter
- Sandy Kanicki
- Marty Kuula
- Kathleen Roskos
Commission has approval authority over plats for major subdivisions, replats of
existing subdivisions, and makes recommendations for township rezonings and
The Department of Planning is an office
under the County Commissioners. The following is a break
- Prepare cases for review and approval from the ACPC for preliminary
plans and plats of major subdivisions and replats. .
- Review and approve applications for minor subdivisions, commonly
known as lot splits under five acres in area.
- Assign address numbers to 25 of the 27 townships in the County (Ashtabula and
- House all census data for the County and answer census related
- Assist townships with review of rezoning requests and text
- Answers various questions on land use and planning issues.
- Prepares strategic and thematic master plans including land use,
zoning, and transportation, etc, by geography or topic.
- Reviews, writes, and revises County Subdivision Regulations.
- Advises County
Prosecutor, and other county departments and agencies regarding land use