Change of Name

An Ashtabula County resident who desires to legally change his or her name must file an application in the Ashtabula County Probate Court. The Court hears name changes for both adults and minors. The person seeking the name change must be a resident of Ashtabula County for at least one year prior to filing the application. All matters are set for hearing and publication is required in all cases. Approximately 50 name changes are processed annually in the Probate Court.